Thursday, September 6, 2007

Little Surprises



One of the best things about having our little man is the sweet surprises - the little reminders he was "here" when you least expect them. Tonight, for example, I had a sweet little reminder of our little guy. His Grandma Sheri sent a huge package of toys, clothing and books from Texas, and one of the toys was a Little People Bus Uncle Chris and Aunt Angi gave Joshua the last time we were in Dallas. Joshua was excited all day about the "new" toys, and just couldn't play with each thing enough - he would go from toy to toy, then back again. I was trying to clean house and take care of some MORE unpacking, so I noticed him playing with the bus, but he eventually took it to the back of the house, and I lost track. Tonight, as I went to take a shower, I found the bus. It was squarely situated over the drain of the shower, just where Joshua left it. Joshua was sound asleep (finally, after noooo sleep last night or today) and as always, when he is asleep, I missed him!! Seeing this little reminder of where he was, what he was doing just made me think on all the little, good surprises he gives us each day. His smile, his laugh, his clapping, his everything.

No comments: