Saturday, September 29, 2007

Household goods have arrived!

The movers with our Texas household goods came on Monday. We hadn't seen these items in over two years, so I was very excited to say the least. I just knew it was going to be like Christmas - unwrapping things I had forgotten we owned! The day started as one of pure sweet joy - finally, I would have a kitchen table, kitchenware, a bed, maternity clothes, etc. After the first three hours, though, I was completely overwhelmed. And the movers just kept coming in with more and more stuff. I think we have twice as much stuff as we have house. I guess that makes sense. We used to have a garage, a yard, and an attic and two extra rooms at our disposal. (No baby room in the Mississippi house.) Now, we just have the stuff for those extra areas, but no place to put it. The poor movers kept asking me where I wanted such and such, and eventually all I could say was, "Pick a spot, any spot...". Joshua took two solid naps during the commotion, thank goodness, but when he was awake he was a force to be reckoned with. He did not like being cooped up inside the house all day, wanted my undivided attention, and wanted very badly to follow the movers everywhere. I eventually trapped him in the kitchen using my body and the door as a barrier - yes, our kitchen is that small and yes, my belly is that big. He was not happy. We currently have floor to ceiling boxes in the office that I have not even begun to unpack, boxes on the patio, and the remnants of boxes and the items they contained strewn throughout every other room in the house. Except Joshua's. I thought we should give him a bit of a sanctuary for the time being. Now, to find one for me...

I have video footage of the place before the movers came and after the movers came. Once I fix the camera...ugh...I will post it. In the meantime, take my word for it that the house is in crazy disarray. I have been getting through a few boxes each day, but finding a place to put everything. Goodwill is going to love me this year!

3 comments:

Laura Beth said...

Yeay for household goods!! Doesn't it feel great to be on your way to "normal"? (Whatever that means....) Love you!

catlynn said...

Reminds me of the times we used to move around when we were kids. Ohh, the sweet and sometimes sad memories.. Cherish each of these.

Christy said...

Normal - am I on my way? I sure hope so!!