Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Joshua's First Day of Preschool, Part I

I was very anxious about today. I actually had nightmares about getting Joshua to school late. In my dream, I was driving. I took a corner too fast, had to off road it over some construction (New Shocks!! I remember thinking.) and then somehow I was separated from Brad and Joshua, had to take a highway where the police were doing a huge bust of about 100 people, causing traffic delays. I finally made it to Joshua's school an hour late and didn't recognize him. Brad had dropped him off, I guess. Weird dreams, but lets you know the anxiety I was having. So last night I was determined to have him in bed early. We had some Thai food for dinner, saving the planned meal for tonight because Brad got off late. The boys had chicken satay, then baths, and Jacob was asleep by 8. Joshua finally headed to bed at 8:45, and didn't wake to come to our bed until 6:30. I woke at 7 to begin preparing for the day. A cup of coffee, then go get Jacob, then begin breakfast. I woke Joshua at 8:15 with a "Hey, Jacob, would you like an M and M?" Joshua was out of bed like a light. Two M & M's and eggs/cheese/avocados later, it was 8:48 and Brad was at the door to take us to preschool. Joshua ran right in, and seemed very at home in the nice play yard out back of the school. When it was time for us to leave, his face looked a little frantic. I gave him a very big wave, his face lit up with a smile and he waved enthusiastically back. And now I am at home, Jacob is napping, cupcake surprise is in the oven, and I am trying to hold back the tears because I miss my little golden boy and I want him home!!

But, I am a big girl, right? And he is having a good time, right? And this is what is best for him, right? So here is a cute little interview we took of him on the way to school. His answers aren't scripted, clearly, but it sure was fun. I stole this idea from Erin Cutshall and am going to try to interview him each year on the first day of school. Should be a fun catalog of Joshua time.

No comments: